Wednesday 19 December 2012

Literacy Home Learning



Year One Literacy Home Learning
20.12.12

For your home learning this Christmas we would like you to write us a Winter poem.  We would like you to imagine all of the wonderful wintery things that we could treasure in a special box.  

The poem could be based around the one by Kit Wright called ‘My Magic Box’. 


Here is an example written by your Year 1 teachers:

My Winter Box

I will put in the box…
Silent snow falling from dark skies
A crunchy carrot nose from a snowman
The warming steam rising from my hot chocolate as I sip carefully

I will put in the box…
The tingling tips of fingers in woollen gloves
Smoke rising lazily from my chimney
The sound of melting ice dripping from the rooftops

Write your poem in your new homework book.  If you are feeling creative you could even draw pictures to go with it or make a magical box filled with objects that remind you of winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment